Blogging should be fun, enjoyable and relaxing all in one. This is where your passion boils over through your keyboard and is projected world wide. As you get into blogging your love, expertise, knowledge, style, humour, insights, opinions and views on your subject should just flow as you release the flood gates. The more you do it, the more you learn, and the easier it becomes. So what are the 7 biggest mistakes a blogger should avoid?
1. Not Googling the blog title to start with. Your blog title must be unique because this is what the search engines will index first. So play with your title heading in the search bar to see if it has not being used some where else. Blog title is key as you want to eliminate as much of the competition as possible.
2. Not using a good keyword tool to find highly searched keyword phrases to include in your title heading. A number of keyword tools are available, so do a search to find one to use yourself. It is better to pay for this service and do a better word search to start with. (Something with a key word universe is a great help). If you don’t use the higher ranked key word phrases in your title you will not draw a larger traffic flow.
3. Not Using a catchy title to entice your reader in. If you do not incorporate certain hooks into your title searchers will click something else more interesting. Titles need to include hooks to get a better click through rate. Hooks are meant to get your searchers attention, a reaction, to become curious, and is your teaser carrot.
4. Not blogging regularly. You do not want your blog to become stale through lack of new interesting content. Search the web for new ideas, news, gossip, information, reviews, products to blog on.
5. Mistake no.5 is not breaking the blog post into short paragraphs of no more than 4 to 5 sentences. Now days most attention spans are limited and readers want it short and to the point. Bullet points and a list always go down well. If you say 5 points then give them that. Present your blog in a clean and open manner with sub titles for those who just want to skim your content and focus on what grabs them.
6. Focusing on you and not on your reader. Unless you are a celebrity or someone very outrageously popular, rather focus on your reader but at the same time be personable and honest. Most people are interested in themselves unless it is gossip, so focus on them…. I is out and you and your’s is in.
7. Not linking up posts within your blog and using tags/ putting your posts in categories. This makes navigation within your blog easier for your user as well as search engines.
Oh Yeah…..before I forget one last mistake to avoid is writing in the third person on you blog. Write like you would to a friend, as if they where sitting across from you and having a conversation.
PS. As a bonus tip, the biggest mistake most Bloggers make is not monetising their blog to create cash. My blog has other great content so if your want to be regularly updated with new tips and ideas why not sign up to my blog news letter and get my Free Ebook worth $97 called “Internet Marketing Success Formula”, Your Step By Step Guide To Making Money Online……
Just fill in your first name and primary email address and then click the Free Access Button.
I hate spam and this information will not be shared…